Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Heading in new direction with Crimson Dawn

I've had it.  The first book with CD will just have to keep.  I'm heading into CD where the action heats up and the sex as well.  I can't get my head around those first book and I just feel I can let the reader in on what happened as I move the story forward.  A bit of exposition here and there without drowning the reader in flashback central will no doubt quell the aching need to just get the story out there and forget about the back story...for now.  Vic and Kevin have a story to tell from the present moment on.  To know where and how they got to where they are now, that will not be ignored, but I simply cannot make the prequel good enough.  It's too much.  Too top heavy.  I'll work on a new angle and let you guys know how it turns out.  But honestly?  At least the first book is shelved.  The second book can definitely be a great beginning into the series and it will pull the reader in from the first chapter.  So, I'm heading down that road and forgetting the first book...for now.  When the series takes off, I'll see what I can do to bring the first one around for a gander, but right now?  I want to get to the action, baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment